Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our Departure

You appeared into my life wanting of beauty which I do not possess.  My image casts back a reflection inconsistent with your requests

Although we looked in the mirror together, you want to alter my reflection to meet your ideals.  I like the scars staring into my soul burning the very flesh their attached to

You said you would love me regardless but that truth has changed direction and plotted a new course.  These scars are precious temporary residents as I no longer feel the need to provide them shelter

In your haste, you never peered into the shell to find the pearl, you saw only an unusable artifact.  For that I thank you and walk away with the riches intended for me

I smile as I walk into my future knowing I am more valuable with each step....Goodbye Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment