Wednesday, January 23, 2013

No Escape

These shackles keep me confined in a place of darkness and uncertainty.  With every breath I take, I inhale a dose of indecision and confusion

This isolation serves no purpose but to expand and spread the pain that my mind can't seem to escape.  Kneeling in defeat and worshiping an unlikely idol, I call out in hopes I may be rescued

Is there no end to the slippery death slope this moment has created?  Will the river continue to flow freely, blinding me with every crash of its thunderous under current?

The moment is ending without the absence of pain.  My descent into this hell is my own doing.  I am hollow and carrying only the heavy carcass to which I am entombed

Is there no magical pill?  No quick fix?  No immediate exit made available to my crippled soul?

I hurt intensely tho never hiding behind a mask due to the wounds being so crippling and evident.  Will I awake to the sun or continue my reality in black and white?

I cry to you wanting a reminder of what once was but can never be.  I fall unknowing where I might land but unconcerned for my safety just the same

Shaking hands with this presence only verifies to me that I have reached my untimely destination.  I carry the weight of an unrealized life which can never be relived.  In the end, there was no peace but only a replayed memory

No comments:

Post a Comment