Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Poker Face

My hand trembles and my mind exhausts the possibilities of standing as the sole victor.  This has been a calculated process from the moment we sat and all eyes began that meticulous once over

By my own doing, the table has increased with satisfying tension; nothing less of a sunset showdown where someone must fold therefore committing the ultimate suicide

Alone, I possess the power, knowledge and skill to betray fates demise.  In my eyes the fear subsides and is replaced with charcoal fueled rage

One by one I expose my artillery ensuring all others are marked, targeted and destroyed.  Faces of stone and glared eyes saturated with mixed hopeful delusion are becoming the topic of my minds news feed

Just as I claim victory, a penetrating sequence of armor piercing rounds strike.  As the chips fall, the notion is clear and life is washed away from my now lifeless body.  I now lay with the great Royal Flush surrounding me as the vultures dine in delight

No comments:

Post a Comment