Saturday, January 26, 2013

The One

Our union was not a typical one but designed to breath new life into a dull existence.  Although belonging to someone else, God showed me her and I knew my present circumstance was ill fated

My anticipation of your presence was like loud church bells in my ear and that same sound became part of my favorite playlist. I gladly rid myself of the noose that left ragged marks around my flesh in order to sample the love I had come to know

Through the years, our friendship grew and we both knew what it is we should do.  Fate had a mind of its own and never seemed to allow us to play the same song but still we sang it in different places....at different times 

I would travel those miles just to see those smiles and you were always waiting and anticipating.  I remember your intoxicating scent and the heavenly aroma when I would lay between your legs.  Oh, how I loved living there....even for a moment

You know who I compare you to and you've surpassed that Godsent angel and created a place in my heart no one ever has.  Although I am the man, you have breached the fortress and rescued me from darkness

Moving from place to place became a ritual for me and even when I held you in the most southern of places, fate spun the wheel and cast me out once again never allowing me to plant my seed and watch it grow

I love you with all my heart.  You embody everything I need and desire.  I should have screamed aloud the words I needed to.  I would have hand delivered the note to God myself to ask him for your hand

I left you wanting and allowed your train to depart with me arriving seconds too late, please forgive me for the delay. Now, all I have is a voice thru wires miles apart but at least I have that and I'll never let go

As you allow life into this world, I pray that one day I may hold your hand while the new life we see delivered continues our legacy

You will always be my captive as I hold you in my heart for safekeeping.  There you shall know peace and you will keep me alive for eternity

Please, let me see your smile one last time before this life takes me.  I dare not pass to the other side without your blessing

Look what you've done to and for me.  If I could rewind time, I would not have let that train depart without me beside you.  Who knows, one day we may travel together...hand in hand

Regardless of what, in my heart you are still mine.  My breathing is now labored because my rib is in a distant place living a new life.  I will suffer this pain as a reminder of my ill gotten fate

All I can say now is....I love you and always will

No comments:

Post a Comment