Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Paper Trail

A fistful of dollars keep my hands clenched so tight that I may need medical assistance to pry them apart.  This lust for money has penetrated my soul and placed a hold on all 5 senses

I tell myself this is comfort; not the junkie addiction told in stories of old.  Be my friend and never leave me lonely.  Tell me good morning and dance with me all night

To be the powerful chop behind the axe which digs into your origins is my fantasy so I can give birth to your monetary value and walk with you from creation into wedded bliss

I lay in bed craving your touch, your smell...just the presence of you gives way to biological change.  We have an undeniable love/hate relationship and it seems I will always be your captor and pursuer

What sweet words would roll off your sweet lips if you could speak to me?  Would you tell me how much you love our walks?  How about the excitement of me holding your bare flesh until it's time to witness your departure?

You consume all that I am and you are my drug of choice so I will never deny you access.  Money is not the root of all evil, it is the symbol created to express freedom from the terrors of being without you

You were meant to grow old with me..promising never to forsake me.  Make me whole and always stay in abundance as I do not want to embrace the starved feeling your hunger brings

In closing.....I pledge allegiance to the cash of the United States of America and to financial freedom for which it stands, one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for some;not all

No comments:

Post a Comment